Friday, December 11, 2009

Glad Tidings

Sixteen weeks into the pregnancy, and things are going well. I have experienced a marked increase in my energy levels and have resumed exercising. Another expectant mom and I meet a couple of times per week to swim. My better mood and the fact that I can now help around the house more has meant that everyone here is happier. And Christmas is coming!

As I am officially of "advanced maternal age" (as they say), we opted to do some additional screenings to be sure that the baby is healthy. At about 12 weeks we went to Birmingham for a blood test and ultrasound that checked for chromosomal abnormalities. The preliminary results are very good.

Then, at thirteen weeks, I had an appointment with my OB (Dr. Myers) and was able to hear the heart beat! That's always a nice treat. Since then, I've been feeling a bit bigger every week and have given up on my regular jeans in favor of the comfort and joy of an elastic waistband. Grow, baby, grow!

As for Eli, he's still in the dark on his impending big brotherhood. But it seems that he may actually have some clue about what is about to happen. Lately, when discussing things that he might do or might want to play with, he'll make some comment out of the blue like, "Well, I don't have one of those, but my sister might." Or "I can't have a bow in my hair, but my sister can." Does he actually know something we don't?!

So, Christmas is coming and all I am asking for is a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby... that's all. Oh, and for the Tide to lose a game already. (Yup, I am a bit of a Grinch at heart.)

Glad Tidings, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment