Thursday, October 29, 2009

First photos!


Coming up on ten weeks, the pregnancy seems like it is proceeding both quickly (almost to the second trimester already?) and slowly (when exactly will I get my energy back, already?). We had our first ultrasound appointment last week (Wednesday the 21st) and everything looked good. Sorry the pictures didn't scan so well, but who are we kidding, we can rarely see anything in them anyway.

Depending on what method you go by to calculate the date, the baby is due sometime around May 26-June 1st.

Right now, inside me, the embryo is turning to a fetus, and has (hopefully!) lost its tail. All of the major muscles, nerves, and organs are there. The baby is about one inch long and growing rapidly. Ah, so that is where my energy went.

The second trimester begins in two weeks, and I'm counting the days. I'll feel less tired all the time and hopefully my stomach will settle down a bit. I can ease up on the Saltines for awhile. In three weeks, we'll have another dr's appointment where we will get to hear the heartbeat again.

And so we're waiting... and the beat goes on.

1 comment:

  1. I (Mary) announced at church on Sunday that I was going to be an aunt again so the whole congregation said a blessing for my new neice or nephew. Yes, I do occasionally attend church and it is already blessed. So thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete